Saturday, October 11, 2014

Family Vacation!

I apologize for my lack of blogging and posts on Facebook this week... we are on a mini family vacation :)  I decided to take a couple of minutes to share some of the fun bookish things we've done this vacation thus far :)

My husband and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary on October 8th.  We had initially planned on letting Everett stay at Grandma and Grandpa's for the day, but ended up taking a little family trip instead.  We drove to Sheboygan, WI and visited Bookworm Gardens... an amazingly awesome place for any age!  This is unlike any garden I've ever seen... it is filled with literary references!  There's a Giving Tree, a Magic School BusLittle House in the Big Woods cabin, The Three Bears and their three chairs, and even the Three Little Pigs houses.  My parents and I took Everett here earlier in the year, and he wasn't too into it, but he LOVED it this time.

Everett enjoying Bookworm Gardens

Checking out Winnie-the-Pooh's house at Bookworm Gardens

We also made a couple stops to bookstores this week and added a couple titles to our libraries.  Everett got a new Halloween book Who am I? Halloween, and we also picked up a Thanksgiving book for next month, Thanks for Thanksgiving.  I, of course, had to pick up Lisa Van Allen's new book The Night Garden which came out on Tuesday (LOVE her books!).  I also picked up a copy of The Taste of Apple Seeds by Katharina Hagena, which I've heard is supposed to be similar to Sarah Addison Allen's writing.  Lastly, my husband surprised me with a book for part of my anniversary gift, Dream It! Do It!: My Half-Century Creating Disney's Magic Kingdoms by Martin Sklar (I absolutely LOVE it when he surprises me with books! And I'm a huge fan of Disney World... so this was perfect!  I can't wait to read it!).

I am currently working on reading four books as well... Bird Box by Josh Malerman, The Things We Cherished by Pam Jenoff, The Night Garden by Lisa Van Allen, and A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny (which are all excellent!) although I haven't taken a lot of time to read this week.  We've been busy apple picking, taking day trips, and attending local festivities like the Zoo Boo at our local zoo.  So much fun! 

Apple picking

At the Zoo Boo with my little pumpkin!

What are some bookish things you've done on vacation?  And, don't worry I haven't forgotten about the awesomely fun announcement I have... it's coming soon... :)  Please like and share my Facebook page and follow this blog to be the first to know!

Thank you for being a part of my little corner of the book world, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment